Senior sales lead
Categories: Customer success Full time
Location: Remote (reporting to Dublin office)
🐘 Who are we?
At EnergyElephant our mission is to help organizations make better energy and sustainability decisions using their data. We help organizations create, store, organize and analyse their energy and sustainability information from across the world.
Our platform focuses on automating data collection, analysis and reporting so users can focus their time on getting results and meeting targets such as getting to net zero.
We are a fully remote team but we also support flexible work in shared office spaces if required as well as team meetups. We would love to hear from you if you would like to join our herd.
👀 Who we’re looking for
We want passionate, professional sales people who want to make a difference and grow with our team as we improve and expand. We are looking for an experienced, passionate, adaptable and self-motivated Senior Sales Lead who will focus on our international sales growth, building out our sales team and refining our sales playbook. You will be joining a multi-talented team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about getting our planet back on track when it comes to a sustainable, safe future for us and for future generations. We are also moving society towards a fossil fuel free future and all the associated benefits this will bring from energy security to air quality improvements.
You will lead our international sales campaigns from marketing, advertising, lead generation, prospecting, initial contacts all the way through to product demonstrations and contract close, where you will hand over to the customer support team. You will develop our sales playbook and constantly feed information back to the development team on sales questions and requests from the market. You will be getting in at the ground floor level with the opportunity to learn, lead and expand your responsibilities as your career develops with us.
🎁 What's in it for you?
- Competitive benefits and career structure in an exciting, emerging, innovative sector.
- Commission based salary structure with strong base and very competitive percentage bonus structure for OTE.
- Help build our sales team with room to define the future sales strategy for the organization.
- Make meaningful contributions and decisions, reporting directly to the CEO.
- Flexible and open work-time policy with hotdesk supports where required.
- Work with a fun and exciting team in an area that is making a real world difference.
👷🏾 What you'll be doing
Your responsibilities will include inter alia:
- Setting and meeting quarterly sales targets (annual recurring revenue) as well as future sales strategies (new customers and increasing annual contract values).
- Managing our sales process across our sales pipeline (currently using Pipedrive CRM).
- Identifying gaps in our sales playbook and support materials, and helping to develop new resources to fill these gaps.
- Quickly responding to inbound sales requests and product demos from across the world.
- Reviewing and supporting our marketing efforts to further refine customer personas, sweet spot customers and pricing arrangements.
- Gathering prospect/customer feedback and engaging with the product team in relation to customer requirements and expectations.
- Understanding existing and prospective customers’ challenges, business models, success metrics, and efficiently coordinating internal resources to support clients.
- Growing and expanding our sales team across marketing, prospecting and sales.
⭐ Required experience
- Some general knowledge and a keen interest to learn about current energy, carbon and sustainability technologies.
- Minimum 2+ years of working in and supporting a high performance sales team (this experience can be in any sales domain and does not need to be exclusively in software/tech sales).
- Very strong communication skills across verbal, video and written mediums.
- Competitive team player with a passion for problem solving and helping customers get to success.
🌈 Nice-to-have experience
- Track record of top performance in a similar role including experience in adapting and designing sales processes to improve outcomes.
- Experience in a start-up/early stage business environment and full sales cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and schedule effectively as well as track sales using Pipedrive (or equivalent CRM).
- Experience hiring/training new salespeople and managing a sales team.
- Background knowledge of technology and platform solutions in the energy/climate software-as-a-service (SaaS) space.
Apply for this role
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, including the reference SSL-160322 in the subject line.
EnergyElephant is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion and looks for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world.